Whether the powder beverage can dissolve rapidly in cold water, milk or other aqueous solution is very important. In general, powders made from proteins, cocoa, fibers, vitamins, minerals and other substances are difficult to disperse in aqueous solution. High-fat powder due to hydrophobic (repellent water) and difficult to wet or dispersed; In order to improve the wettability and dispersion of the beverage powder may be added in its formulation or spraying on its surface lecithin. Lecithin can be used in combination with other ingredients or as a separate formulation. The process of the instant treatment of the powdery beverage, even if it is easily rehydrated in water, comprises:
• Add powdered lecithin to the slurry before drying or drying the cylinder.
• Add powdered lecithin before agglomeration of difficult to disperse the powder.
• Mix very hydrophilic lecithin (water-soluble powder lecithin) and water for the powdering process.
• Spray lecithin fog onto the powder of a spiral or double helix powder stirrer.
• At the exit of the spray-dried / agglomerated powder equipment, spray the lecithin fog onto the surface of the powder.
• The amount of powdered lecithin used depends on the particle size and fat content of the instantly treated powder, typically in the range of 1.0 to 5.0% by weight.